Thursday, January 11, 2007

an outlet to vent...

Have you ever felt the need to have someone around to pour everything out? I mean I know we have our parents, friends, gfs/bfs and spouses. What I mean is someone really close yet not attached, who is neutral, won't judge and will just listen (and advise if needed). This of course, in my opinion at least, is a luxury to most. Think a lot of people wish they had such a person, yet its not something easy to come by, considering you would need to let your guard down. And I am not talking about a best friend. Everyone has best friends (some a lil too many, hehe). I feel this is much deeper than that.

Anyways I was lucky to have a few close friends of this nature. Sadly our lives moved on and most of them are now overseas or busy. I am at a point in my life I do not have anyone of this sort close by. Close enuff I can just take a drive and have a drink with them. Worse still is I am at a point I really need em'. Sigh. Plus being a stupid Cancerian doesn't help with all the thinking and wondering. I have to be thankful though that I have someone in my life now and I have stopped the habit of brooding because of her. And I know it hurts her (and me) that I can't vent to her. Sigh.

4 comments:

Mojam said...

It's hard to spew personal things to anyone, even a best friend. And I understand about that "someone to listen" thing man. At times you just wanna talk and talk about what you're holding within, you eventually pull a person who you have no connection with and crack the egg on them. Once you get to bitch about it, everything seems to be as bright as ray, even if you're still carrying the burden. Nevertheless, such issues (what ever it may be) are not meant to be bottled. I can see it on your face, especially at the staircase. Just to let you know, people care about youre being. You don't have to speak to a tree to vent your anger. We are more than willing to be you punching bag. Just don't go through it alone.

Anonymous said...

yeah i know what u mean. and u definately are right about letting your guard down. Well the luxury of having the internet allows you to pop into any chat room and strike up a decent conversation and be completely anonymous. At least its one way of venting and sometimes the person on the other end may teach you a thing or two. But nothing beats an actual person i guess... "Trust no one" the truth is out there!

Excaliber said...

well, ppl change ... u kno

$1 said...

I only had 1 buddy who has that right to know everything about me. Unfortunately he is in heaven looking out for me now. U can tell me i promise i wont bitch