Thursday, October 30, 2008

kluang station at ikano power center, kl...

This is one of the few posts which I have kept in draft mode for ages. Have always been interested in trying out this place ever since I saw them at Ikano Power Center. Especially when I saw that they serve Hainanese Chicken Chop. *droools*

This outlet of Kluang Station is located on the 2nd floor if I am not mistaken. Anyways you can't miss it, as you go up the escalator you'll see it in front of you no matter what floor you are on.

Sunshine and I have actually eaten here twice. Both times I had the same thing which am sure you can guess what while Sunshine tried something different.

Her first round she had the Nasi Lemak (RM4). This was pretty good as the rice was fragrant and the sambal had a good mix of chili and belacan. Sadly though for the price I don't think its justified for plain nasi lemak but thats mall dining for you right!

Sunshine's 2nd fare wasn't any better. This time it was the Beef Rendang Rice (RM8.90). This dish was rather dry and plain tasting. As you can see from the picture it isn't even pleasing to the eyes. I would pick any stall located throughout Klang Valley and they would serve much better rendang and way cheaper too.

Now its my turn. Considering I ate it twice you should realise that I was a happy camper with my choice which was the Hainanese Chicken Chop (RM10.90). Although not as good as Yut Kee in KL but good enuff for something close to home. The chop itself was fried just about right with a crispy egg batter crust and the gravy had enuff onions and mushrooms to be lapped up on its own. The green peas on top was also a nice touch.

Overall I guess I would only return for the Chicken Chop. Everything else isn't really up to par and the drinks isn't much to shout about. So if you are a fan of Hainanese Chicken Chop, you might want to give this joint a try. :D

Kluang Station, F07, IKANO Power Centre, Mutiara Damansara, PJ.

No comments: