Saturday, April 14, 2007

tank updates...

After a few days of having the tank set up, I decided to alter the layout as it was rather plain. With the help of my primary skool mate (and colleague) $1, I got some extra gravel and lava rocks. So I made up a few more Java moss patches and sloped the gravel a bit better. Am satisfied with the outcome. What do you think?

Then this afternoon spent the time roaming around Klang Valley checking out some fish shops. Finally after a handful of hours ended up with a new net, fish food, PH tester and new inhabitants for my tank. Couldn't take the 3 to 4 week time period to cycle the tank, so decided to get some tank mates to speed the process up. Got myself some hardy fishies and shrimps. Now my tank has 3 Cherry Barbs, 2 Tiger Shrimps and 3 Cherry Shrimps. Not sure if you can spot em' in the photos below.

At least now the tank looks and feels like a fish tank. Lol. Previously was rather plain with the lonely plants. Happy to see my fishies and shrimps roaming about getting used to their new home. Hope they survive the tank cycling process. Should be ok since they are the hardier variety. Am planning to get more fishies once the cycle is done. =)


No comments: