Sunday, August 06, 2006

slap in the face...

How would you react if you got a slap in the face from a person whom you thought was close to you? When I say slap I do not mean literally as in the physical action but more of being backstabbed in terms of wordplay or gossips and what not. I'm sure you get what I mean. This has not happened to me before until recently. I mean I have gotten flack from people I don't care much about but from a friend. It was the first time for me. From then I started re evaluating my perception on what a friend really is or more of whom I should regard as a friend.

How would one mix friend and work? How about friend and boss? Its interesting really to see from a 3rd party's point of view of the whole thing. I spoke to about 4 ppl on this and surprisingly they don't blame me for how I feel and have the same thoughts. Hmmm. Now how would one move on from such an incident? Do you brush it off and thread lightly in the future? Do you take it with a pinch of salt and just forget about it? I was always told not to be close with my collegues as issues will always arise due to the difference in position. I was told to not mix with them too much. Sadly that isn't my nature. In my view I am able to separate work and outside and hence I try to build relationships with my colleagues. Sadly I'm starting to realise that just because I can do it doesn't mean others can. And when a relationship does turn sour, things get complicated. I mean I don't start bullying them at work or something but the whole relationship changes. It becomes more of a colleague than a friend. More of an Employee ID than a name. Sigh. Its tough.

Oh well I think I'll stop rambling on this topic. Its rather sensitive and I might say something to offend the wrong people. Anyhoo I just wanted to let it out. Even if it was just a lil' bit. There is only so much a person can hold inside right. Anyways you take care folks while I pack up to head home. Gd' nite!

1 comment:

Mojam said...

Go on man.. i know how you feel.. sob... let it out... be a man... doo the right thing