Monday, March 17, 2008

restoran famous seremban favourites...

I'm a fan of all things pork. So when I read about this place that serves lovely char siew (barbequed pork) so near my home, I couldn't help but get my butt over there to give it a try.

One afternoon, Sunshine and I took a drive to Sunway Mas in search of this place. Luckily being rather familiar with the area, I found Restoran Famous Seremban Favourites without much fuss. Would advise most to study the map below before heading out to this place as to not get disappointed.

As expected the first thing on my mind was to get some juicy char siew. Ordered us a medium plate (RM10) of lean meat and waited patiently for it to arrive. Within' moments it came with the sauce on the side, which is a good thing as at times the sauce can be very overpowering. At least this way we can control it to our liking.

The verdict? Well I thought the char siew was heavenly but Sunshine thought otherwise. She prefers it to be lean and tough while I loved how 'melt in your mouth' it was. I would have to agree with most floggers that this would be the best char siew in town, for me at least. We were there rather late (3pm) so no siew yoke (roast pork) for me to savour, which I heard is just as good. Guess its reason to drop by again soon huh! Hehe.

For my main meal I decided to try their Hakka Mee (RM3). A very simple noodle dish with colorless gravy and minced meat. It may look dull but never trust a book by its cover. The broad noodles as well as the seasoned minced pork works well together and topped with pickled green chilis is a definate winner!

Sunshine wasn't keen on most of the noodles on offer so she settled with the safe bet of Wantan Mee (RM3). Sadly though it must have been the worst wantan mee we've had in a long time. I would definately advise you guys to stay away from it. The noodles wasn't springy and the sauce was bleh. It was so bad Sunshine barely ate half of it. :(

All in all it apart from the wantan mee, this place looks promising. Wide variety of food as well as heavenly char siew. Would definately visit again least for the yummy porky goodness. For more reviews on this place you can check out the floggers below.

Ipoh Mali Talak Sombong!
masak-masak
KampungBoyCityGal
You Get What You Give...

Restoran Famous Seremban Favourites
Location: 80-1 Ground Floor, Jalan PJU 1/3B, Sunway Mas Commercial Centre, Petaling Jaya.

No comments: