Monday, May 19, 2008

iron man...

After a pretty long time I finally managed to catch a movie in the theaters. It was a day off one Monday as our clients were on bank holiday and I didn't want to just bum at home. Got up around 11ish and headed straight to Cineleisure Damansara.

Can you guess what did I end up watchin'? Yup, it was Iron Man! After all the hype and rave reviews (93% in Rotten Tomatoes & 8.2/10 from IMDB), I couldn't miss it.

I was fortunate enuff to get a THX theater and enjoy all the sound effects in full glory. This has to be the best comic book adaptation after X-Men.

Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect choice for Tony Stark. I heard Tom Cruise was suppose to play the lead role but thankfully it was all rumours. He would have killed the character and the movie. Robert Downey had the role down pat. Guess being a rich alcholic flamboyant playboy suits him. Hehe. To be honest he is a versatile actor. One of the main reasons why I wanted to watch this movie.

Gwyneth Paltrow also played her role as Pepper Potts well. Wouldn't we all love to have a PA like Gwyneth. ;) The villain Obadiah Stane was played by Jeff Bridges, who for the first time went bald. Which I just found out from E! was his own idea. He carried the role well too. Actually the whole freaking cast was spot on.

If you haven't watched it yet, you better head down to the cinemas and catch it. Don't think watching it at home will do the movie justice. Kudos to Jon Favreau for doing a great job of putting it all together. Can't wait for the sequel. :D

No comments: