Friday, July 01, 2005

bye bye betty...


It is a sad day today. At 1.05pm I handed over the keys to Betty to her new owner. I am not sure but I don't think I will be seeing her again. It has been a wonderful 2 years and 68 days. We have shared so much together and travelled to some interesting places. Since May this year I had to slowly tear Betty apart and sell off what made her to various people. It was a tough decision but time had come for me to upgrade and I couldn't afford keeping Betty as well.

Never expected it but I was sad when I had to finally hand over Betty. Didn't think it would affect me but it did. Its like a little part of me is gone forever. The process of selling off parts of Betty did not strike me but when finally surrendered the car to the new owner, that is when it hit me. Especially after driving away and knowing I would never see her again. I guess we all move on after awhile. I always had the impression that I would keep Betty and if I upgraded she would still be with me. Sadly that wasn't possible financially.

I wish the new owner all sorts of happy memories with Betty. I doubt she would be called that anymore or even given a name but you never know. The new owner looked responsible enough and was grateful to be owning a car. I hope she will be able to take care of her as how I did. So long dear and hope you live a long life. Till we meet again. Toodles.

1 comment:

aliceyuka said...

sadsad