Wednesday, September 07, 2005

east coast getaway...

Finally after almost 1 year plus of delaying and planning, my car club K2OC, finally got on with the East Coast Getaway trip last weekend. A group of us (15 cars and about 29 people) headed up to Kemaman, Terengganu to Strawberry Kijal Resort Apartments for 2 nights and 3 days. I did about 950km worth of driving during this trip which was good as it helped speed up the popping of my car's cherry. The trip was not properly planned due to certain unforseen circumstances but it turned out to be simply perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Although I do not own Betty anymore, as an old timer and almost pioneer of the club, I was invited to join them in my new ride instead. My car turned out to be the 'Documentary Team' as we were in charge of recording the whole event on video. It consisted of 3 alumni members, 2 of whom own GTIs now and myself with my lovely MyVi. =)

The trip started out on Saturday in the wee hours of the morning. Went around picking up my mates and headed to the meet up point in ProJet Gombak. After having some breakfast and a short briefing, we were off. My car was the second last car with the number 13. Damn I wasn't really happy for getting that number but couldn't really care less. The drive up was simply amazing, to see all the cars lined up in unison. We got some really good shots. We arrived at Kemaman without any hiccups. Stopped at this old coffee shop called Hai Peng, which supposedly has the some of the best coffee around. As expected we had some coffee with really old skool roti bakar. The ones that they toast over charcoal with a healthy dollup of homemade kaya and butter. *Drooooool* I can still picture digging into those buns. Considering I ain't really a coffee buff, it wasn't all that bad. The shop had a very old time feel to it with nice aged wooded tables and chairs, old fans and all sorts of antique furnitures. To experience the coffee shop itself is enuff a reason to go there.

After lunch we headed straight up to the resort which wasn't that far off. We did get lost a bit locating it, due to the lack of signs but we managed. At the resort we were greeted by their staff and had a board up welcoming our car club. It did feel good to see the welcoming sign. Makes you feel important. LOL. Even though we know we aren't! After checking in, most of us just crashed in our respective rooms. We were just too tired. We left KL at around 9am and only reached the resort at 3pm. The first thing we did of course was to ensure our beers were kept in the fridge. Can't be drinking warm beer now can we. Till about dinner we just hung about in the living room watching whatever that is on the telly and sipping some semi cold beer. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner which was BBQ! Damn the BBQ was good. We had lamb, chicken, sausages, squid and prawns. What more can you ask for right? After the scrumptious meal, the rest of the crew wanted to drink up on the beer and whiskey and get wasted. We, as in those in my car had other plans. We didn't really want to drink all that much and we didn't want to retire to our rooms as well. So we did the next best thing, which was to take a drive up to Kertih, where the Petronas oil refineries were. Now that part of the night is something I can never forget. It was just like when I went to Las Vegas. Brightly lit and the refineries went on for miles. The flames burning above the funnels were a sight to behold. Its quite hard to imagine, you just got to be there to see it for yourselves. I always did want to see how the Olympic torch looked like and now I had my chance. By the time we were done with that it was already 2am or so. We headed back to our room, had a couple of beers and retired for the night.

*Yaaawn* I think thats all for now. I'm getting prett sleepy now myself. Will blog about the rest tommorrow or something. Enjoy some of the pictures below. G'nite all!


arrival of the beauty...


documentary team down for some breakfast...


getting my sponsors up...


the whold crew with our new banner...

No comments: