Saturday, September 10, 2005

east coast trip finale....

I know I know. Enuff already. I promise this is the last bit on the east coast trip ok. Can't just leave it hanging there can I. I'll make it short and sweet. On the last day we didn't have any plans except for the drive home. We all woke up in time for breakfast. Had a quick bite, packed up and got ready to depart. The plan was to head down to Teluk Cempedak in Kuantan town (about 70km from the resort), have lunch and then drive straight back to KL. The roads were rather dangerous as they ran through small villages. So you had dumbass motorcyclists zooming in and out plus other motorists who I presume owned the roads from the way they were driving. Thankfully we reached Kuantan safely. Had some lunch there, rested for a bit and took some shots of the beach there (which was just as good although the waters rather choppy). When everyone was all fueled up, we drove non stop to KL. Actually we did stop periodically for pee breaks, refueling and so on. The drive back was just as good as the drive there. It was really a sight to see all the cars lined up on the highway. People on the road would stare at us as we passed along or as the overtook us. As expected we did have some idiots trying to cut in between the convoy or tailgate us, but we managed to keep things in control.

Before breaking off the last stop was Genting R&R. Which is usually the last stop for most road trips involving multiple cars. We said our goodbyes, made sure everyone was fine and broke off. By then it was already 430pm so I was definately gonna get caught in the Monday evening jam. I also had to send my mates home and one of them were smack in the middle of the jam. By the time I was done sending them home it was already 7ish. Got home, unpacked, had dinner, took a bath and practically crashed on the bed. By the time I got up it was 11 in the morning. All and all I would say it was a great road trip. The drive was good, the location superb and best of all I was with great company. Can't wait for our next getaway trip. Hmmm maybe we should drive up to Thailand! =)

Enjoy the pictures below. G'nite folks...


rise and shine y'all...


thirsty rides...


off we go...


last regroup...


ahhh finally home...

No comments: