Saturday, December 10, 2005

what a scare...

The weirdest (and painful) thing happened to me yesterday. As I was getting ready for work, I wanted to place a pair of headphones into my cargo pant's pocket. Just when I bent slightly to put the earphones in, I felt a sharp sting at my back. I fell onto my bed cringing in pain. I laid there for about 15 minutes before I shouted for my mom for help. I could barely move let alone stand up. My mom kept bugging me to stand up and walk the pain out but I just couldn't bare it. I laid there in pain watching the time go by. Thinking that it would subside and I can head for work. Sadly that never happened. The pain lingered. My mom then gave me some painkillers and I waited for it to take effect. Nothing changed. By that time it was already too late to go to work so I decided to take the day off. I laid there not knowing what to do and also fearing that I might have slipped my disc. I remember an office mate who went through that and was on MC for 4 weeks!! Plus the amount of caution he has to take since then to avoid it happening again. I was really scared I tell ya.

At dinner time my mom made me a sandwich as I couldn't go downstairs for dinner. With the immense pain the last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed. I ate, took more painkillers and forced myself to sleep. Praying that it would be all okie in the morning. Sadly when I woke up the next day it wasn't any better. I could move a lil but couldn't stand or walk due to the pressure of my body on my bones causing it to hurt like hell. I forced myself up and using a walking stick headed to the nearest clinic to see whats up. Hoping it wasn't serious. I was refered then to Sunway Medical where the emergency ward took an x-ray and gave me a jab. The verdict? Thankfully it was just an acute back sprain. My bones are fine. No slip disc. What a relief I tell ya! It was one hellave scare. Since the jab the pain is subsiding. Doctor told me to rest a few days and it'll be fine. Gave me a whole lotta pain killers as well. Now at least I can walk and sit without much pain. There is still a slight nagging sting in the center of my spine (near the crack of my butt) but compared to what I was suffering before, I ain't complaining.

Sigh. Now I kinda know what getting old feels like. Especially when osteoporosis kicks in. I better take good care of my body. Now I'm worried of even playing futsal or ping pong. Don't wanna go through what I'm going through now. Worse still if my discs was what got screwed. *Touchwood*. Alrighty, I better go take some pain killers now and head to bed. Hopefully it'll be much better tommorrow morning. Wish me luck guys. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh bunnie please take care, yeah our backs are not as strong these days. my lower back is aching after moving stuff....*sigh*

Anonymous said...

nice blog. got time to do a survey? mail me nazfa_83@yahoo.com