Sunday, July 02, 2006

bye bye hot shots...

Boy am I pleased with the way the World Cup is playing out. As of today all favourites have been kicked out. None of which I was supporting except for England (mainly due to the English Premier League) until I saw how the stank during the group stages. I then focused my support to Germany and Portugal. Now Portugal is a team I feel deserves to win the Cup of Life this time around. They have played amazingly in every single game with or without their first 11. Now that is an accomplisment. Plus they have played some really good football. Unlike Brazil who sing and praise about beautiful futbal but was far from it! It was nice to see them crash out to France again. Good for you for being too cocky and confident.

I think the last 3 games is going to be pretty interesting. I'm rooting for a Germany vs. Portugal final. I think it would be a real cracker of a game. Hopefully both team will be able to field their top 11 as well but I doubt it as this World Cup has been really colorful. Red and yellow cards flying about like nobodies business. A lot of wrong calls and bad fouls which in turn destroyed the hopes of many teams from progressing further. Hopefully the last 3 games (4 if you count third and fouth placing tie) will be marshalled properly. Don't want the wrong team to win out of trickery.

Before I go, three CHEERS for the ousting of the favorites... =)

Hip Hip, Hooray!!
Hip Hip, Hooray!!
Hip Hip, Hooray!!

No comments: