Wednesday, September 12, 2007

pregnant shrimps!

OMG. You wouldn't believe this. One hellave surprise I got coming back from work today. After losing almost every fauna in my tank to disease, I have been blessed with 3 pregnant Cherry Shrimps. If you could see the smile on my face right now. Am sooo excited! I didn't really plan for this but WOW. I guess adding all those extra shrimps did help. Now 3 of my seniors are fully loaded. Hehe. Best part is I got pictures to prove it!

From the 2 pics below you can see they're pregnant by their yellow bellies. If only you can have a clearer view. Maybe its just me but its a really amazing feeling. Gives you a great sense of pride in your tank. :)



Below is how my tank is looking right about now. Slight changes since the last time. The plants seem to stabilise now with the added light and better filter. Been having trouble getting nice shots of my tank so these would have to do for now. At least your get the jist of it.


Damn am so excited I can't sleep now. LOL. Now I gotta locate a filter inlet sponge so that if they do successfully pop I don't lose the shrimplets to the filter. Damn I'm gleaming! :D

Update: Follow this link to a nice video showing how Cherry Shrimps release their shrimplets. Hopefully I'll be able to see it in real life. ;)

No comments: