Tuesday, March 29, 2005

did u feel it too?

It happened around early midnite. Felt a slight movement from my desk in the office. Didn't think much of it until another colleague felt the same thing. Its like you were swaying ever so lightly. Few others around didn't feel it so we just thought it was some one off thingy. Soon after we got others walking in stating they felt as if the building was shaking. Then calls came in from friends around Malaysia. From Penang to Singapore and all around the Klang Valley. Everyone felt some sort of movement. Those on high rise buildings felt it more and even ran out of fear thinking the worst is about to happen. I then decided to check online for reports of anything close by. Checked CNN and Yahoo but didn't get anything. I then went into the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) as I remembered you can verify if any quakes happened around the world. Spotted one in Indonesia which happened within an hour ago. Off the coast of Northern Sumatera, about 535km from Kuala Lumpur with a magnitude of 8.7. Flashbacks of what happened in Dec 26th ran through my mind. Hoped that nothing bad would come of it. Just checked on Yahoo and it seems Tsunami warnings have been sent out in Sri Lanka, India, Thailand and the Andaman Islands. It is reported that there doesn't seem to be a threat of a Tsunami as it has already been 3 hours plus after the quake and none reported along Sumatera. I pray that this is true. Please god do not let this happen again. Be safe everyone and do take the time to pray for those that need it the most. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you should have evacuated the office . I would have that done so if they had chosen me instead of you in that position. A pity I say on a day like this one we have someone like you for them to place their trust in.

Be careful boy I will play the devil's advocate for now coz thats my favorite game but I will not think twice to unleash all my sexual frustration one day and go postal then you know you should have kowtow to me boy!

sbd18 said...

dumbbbbbbbbbb........