Thursday, August 23, 2007

durian cendol...

Sorry folks this post is long overdue. Had this on the 7th of July 2007 during Devan's engagement weekend. Sadly time just flew by before I could post about it. Hehe. Anyhoo finally after hearing about it and craving for it, I had a bowl of durian cendol along Jonker Street, Malacca. Think the shop is known as Stall 88 or Kedai Antik 88.

I've had cendol there before and its really yummylicious especially with the extra doses of fresh authentic gula melaka. Thick,sweet and caramel like. *drooool* This time around however my goal was to have some durian cendol. Being the durian season as well as hot as ever in Malacca, it seemed like the best time. Sadly I wasn't too impressed. Think the hype raised my expectations so it fell flat fast. Would have prefered the original cendol from them. Which as hiew88 professed is still top marks!

What they did was pour durian puree (self made I presume) all over the cendol. Somehow the taste didn't work for me. I've had durian ice cream, durian cake, durian dodol and even durian milkshake. They were all heavenly. Unfortunately this didn't tickle my fancy. Guess like all things durian, it caters to selective tastebuds. You either like it or hate it. Anyways I finally got to try it. Next time I'll just stick with the original cendol. :)

*drool*

finally!!

No comments: