Friday, November 02, 2007

cupcakes from d'lish, bangsar, kl...

I have been craving cupcakes for a very long time now. Not the crappy ones from most local or chain bakeries. Those are usually dry and tasteless. I want something soft, moist and bursting with flavour. I've heard of Bisou in Asian Heritage Row, Just Heavenly Pleasures in Bukit Damansara and of course the infamous Cuppacakes which sell individual pieces at The Aparment @ the Curve. Sadly I never got around to giving them a try.

Fairly recent I heard of d'lish located at Bangsar Village 1, KL which supposedly sold sumptious varieties of cupcakes. Since I was heading there to Toys R Us, I decided to pop over and give it a try.

oh whats this?
4 lil' boxes...
hmmm wonder whts in em'...
tada...

I ended up with 4 cupcakes (RM6.50 each). Clockwise they were Chocolate Raspberry Cheese, Vanilla w/Butter Frosting, Chocolate Banana w/ Peanut Butter Frosting and Sticky Date. I only managed to try 2 of em' during tea earlier. Both the Sticky Date and the Chocolate Banana were really rich and yummy! As expected it wasn't dry or airy but thick and moist. Very heavy stuff for tea time. Would be better eaten as a dessert or meal by itself. From the looks of it I'll definately enjoy the other 2 but most probably tommorrow. If I can hold up that long that is. Hehe.

I think I have found the perfect place to get my cupcake fix. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cup cakes looks very nice. Must try next time when go to there. and the price is not expensive too.

zyrin said...

i've tried the choc raspberry cheese. not really my cup of tea. but i love the choc banana. delish!

Anonymous said...

They look tacky. I prefer something more simple.